Partial Outside Lands lineup Announced
If you hover long enough over at SF Gate the page peels back and reveals a partial list of this year’s 2009 Outside Lands lineup. It’s pretty sneaky for us so we’ll just post it here for you and save time: Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band, Beastie Boys, Incubus, Black Eyed Peas, Jason Mraz, M.I.A, Mars Volta, Thievery Corp, Modest Mouse, Ween. OMG. Any of these bands would be huge on their own. We personally have a slight obsession with Pearl Jam. Can you imagine Eddie Vedder warbling away under a canopy of Monterrey Pine?
Once again, here’s a few things to keep in mind this year.
1. Where comfortable shoes. You’ll be walking like a modern day John Muir.
2. Bring water and ibuprofen. The booze, dust + smoke, and noise will drain your life.
3. Start light, but bring something warm to wear. It’s August in SF, anywhere else it’s smoldering like a Vietnamese clay pot. Not here.
4. Pick your bands and map out a plan of attack early. There’s no way you’re going to see everything. Just plan out your must sees.
5. Don’t even try to meet someone by the soundboard or entry gate. You’ll never find them. Just show up together.
6. Don’t smoke pot if you’re inclined to have bad trips.
- Article by Anna Gazdowicz.