FROM THE NEWS NEST: I Love This City Music Festival No Longer In An Actual City But Goes ALL AGES
In a surprising move, concert promoters Live Nation have moved the San Francisco location of the “I Love This City” music festival from AT&T Park to Shoreline Amphitheater, which is actually in Mountain View, 40 minutes south of San Francisco. The festival was set to kick off at the home of the San Francisco Giants (AT&T park) on Memorial Day Weekend.
Looks like the sudden change of plans for the festival has some people up in arms, wondering why they’d even call it “I Love This City” at all. But have no fear, Live Nation actually explains the sudden change of venue on it’s website – and how you’ll manage to get from SF to MV.
Issues that need to be addressed given the move to Shoreline are as follows:
1. Free charter bus service will be provided from The Lot at AT&T Park to and from Shoreline Amphitheatre throughout the day on both Friday and Saturday. There’s a shuttle reservation page where you’ll need to reserve a time slot for the shuttles each day. This reservation system is critical so that we provide enough shuttles for a great experience.
2. All of the artists confirmed for I LOVE THIS CITY will still be performing at Shoreline Amphitheatre on the same days we’ve announced
3. By moving the event to Shoreline, we’re able to extend the end of the event to 11:30pm each night.
4. Because of the venue change, we are able to lower the age restriction to 16 and over.
5. If you currently hold a ticket from The Lot at AT&T Park, upon arrival at Shoreline Amphitheatre you will be given a wristband that will give you priority access to the reserved seats for the main stage as well as special side stage viewing areas for the two stages in the parking lot.
If you currently have a VIP ticket, you will have access to Shoreline’s VIP Terrace club and other VIP accommodations at the venue, including a private bar and private restrooms.
You can see the lineup and venue change information, or